Table of Contents
What are Degree Apprenticeships?
Degree apprenticeships helps you to gain a full undergraduate or master’s degree admission while you work. Degree apprenticeships may take three to six years to finish depending on the course you are offering or career you are pursuing. This means that you will spend most of your time working whiles you study at the same time you study part-time at your university of admission.
Are Degree Apprenticeship Worth It?
Apprenticeships is one of the values employers cherish these days. Many employers these see an apprenticeship as a valuable way into a job, just like a degree.
The fact that you are determined to work and earn your degrees at the same time tells employers how you’re willing and committed to learn and work hard.
This means that you are already a foot into achieving your desire result. Choosing between apprenticeships and a degree isn’t just down to your education goals but the job market as well.
Who Can Apply for Degree Apprenticeships?
Apprenticeships and University education both comes with their own benefits. University education allows you to target a broader range of careers than you can through an apprenticeship, but both will give you a good standing when it comes to getting a job.
Apprenticeships are naturally restrictive in the sense that the training and skills you gain are specific to a particular industry or role.
However, degree apprenticeships are different. It allows you to acquire university education whiles you work and will take a longer period than usual to complete, mostly 3 to 6 years depending on the course your are offering or your career path.
Benefits of Degree Apprenticeships?
- Paid Tuition: You would not need to worry about student loans or tuition fees. Since you are undertaking a degree apprenticeship, you tuition would be fully paid for.
- Paid Salary: You would be paid salary just like a normal employee. This means that you are making money which you can use to foot other bills. Most university graduates do not make money but rather incur debt as a result of student loan acquisition and debts from tuition.
- Work Experience: Unlike university education, you are going to get real life working experience that will armour you for future jobs. This will help you in many ways since you are working around real people in a real working space, making mistakes and learning.
Disadvantages of Degree Apprenticeships?
Even though degree apprenticeships comes with some benefits, there are also con, challenges and disadvantages that comes along with it. Lets talk about some of what these disadvantages.
- Duration: It takes 3 to 6 years to complete your undergraduate or masters program. Remember that you will be spending most of the time in these three to six years working. This means that compared to someone who chooses university education without apprenticeship will get more time to learn and practice in their program field.
- Disqualification: Due to the many people applying for degree apprenticeships, there is a high chance that you may get disqualified with the slightest mistake you might make with your application. This means that your effort and time has been wasted.
- Competition: There is a high number of people who are applying for degree apprenticeships just like you. This means that there will be a tight competition and mostly in such cases strict rules are applied to choose only the selected few.
- Career Choice: Unlike university education, you have a limited career choice when you are applying for a degree apprenticeship. This limitation can mean you changing your career path completely if you still want the degree apprenticeship.
- No University Life: When you have been accepted into a Degree apprenticeship program, you will have not university experience or campus life experience. This can make job hunting or networking a little difficult for you since you might not know many people like some university graduates do.
How to Apply for Degree Apprenticeships
It not anything complicated. Degree apprenticeships applications are just like applying for a normal job. Here is what you need to do:
- Write your degree apprenticeship application.
This should including:
a. Your CV
If you found this post useful, kindly share it with others. This may help someone.
For more useful and informative articles like this, subscribe to our notifications to receive the latest posts as soon as we publish them. You can also bookmark this page for future access.
Share this article to various social media platforms so that other will benefit from it too.